31" tires - modifications continue






Well if you haven't noticed in the earlier post pertaining to tires and required spacers ...the bumper had to be hacked off. The spacers got rid of the problem with tires interfering with the control arms...but they now started grabbing the bumper with even a slight turn. This is a very quick job - only 10 minutes or so - the bumper already has a small ridge, where it can be nicelly cut, therefore I think someone already designed it for this purpose ;)
And no, I did not have to take the bumper off to do this - I have included that picture just to illustrate what's underneath (to tell you the truth I took it off earlier to take measurements for an ARB style bumper...although that project might never come to life as apparently Polish lawmakers want to totally outlaw steel box bumpers ;(.
It would have been sufficient to just cut off the inner corners of the bumper in the wheel well, however this groove was simply asking to be cut...especially since this greatly improves the front descent/ascent angle.
I will be placing a stainless steel radiator guard plate on the bottom soon, and some recovery mounts with shackles soon, therefore keep watching. (Although it will be a while from now, as in 5 hours I will be driving down to the sea for my 2 weeks vacation)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: